1. Obtain a DUNS Number (1 day)
2. Register with SAM (3-5 days, 2 weeks if errors)
3. Register on grants.gov (3-5 days, 2 weeks if errors)
4. Download grant application package (immediate)
5. Check with whoever must approve application/budget to determine timeline for processing/approvals/signatures.
6. Develop proposal, budget, gather letters, supporting information & attachments (depends on pre-proposal development, 3+ weeks)
7. Submit grant application, including attachments (Start at least 3 days prior to application deadline)
8. Grants.gov sends Submission Receipt Number (same day)
9. Grants.gov sends Submission Validation Receipt (48 hours)
The curriculum also includes discussion and activities related to estimating project costs; tools/strategies for assessing or documenting the impact of your project; and evaluation criteria for submitted proposals that will be used by reviewers.
Participation in an AMSTA workshop does not guarantee that an application submitted by a participant will be funded.
“It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility. ” ― Rachel Carson, The Sense of Wonder
Sponsored by USDA's Agricultural Marketing Service, grant number: 2014-48775-22628
Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.